Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sundays in Urbania

Sundays bring a sense of security to me and my family. We don't travel much so we are home most of the time. My wife and I keep a Sunday school class for five year old children at our church. I enjoy this class. You would think I would get enough of kids during the week but there is something enjoyable about someone Else's children. Enjoy them for a short time and then give them back. I am going to enjoy grandparenthood.

Church is the usual routine, we wake up, get ready, and go to church. Its pretty much a Chinese fire drill getting them ready but we live five minuets from the church. I could hit a solid driver then a five iron thru the front window. I tell my kids often that we "get" to go to church not that we "have" to go to church. I enjoy the fellowship with other people that our church provides. I enjoy paying om age to something bigger than myself and I want my kids to enjoy that also. Raising children has taught me that there is a God, one who is loving and kind. Children will lead you spiritually if you will let them. Take a child to church and their honesty will transform your life.

My kids look forward to Sunday Lunch and the playground after church. Simple things are the most enjoyable with children. Why is it so hard to remember that? Who said that kids have to be entertained? Yea, ok, you trap them in a house then they are probably hard to handle but put them on a fenced-in playground and you won't have to deal with them until they are thirsty. My life is not simple yet neither is it complicated. My wife and I search for enjoyment both with our relationship and with our kids individually. Sundays, and the simple routine that that day brings, probably gets us closer than anything we do.

1 comment:

Hear Me Roar said...

Sunday's look differently to us this year. However, they are still a day that I look forward to very much. One of my main pleasures is when you reach over in the middle of singing or hearing the sermon about God and you touch me. You may hold my hand, place your arm in my arm, arm behind my neck, touch my thigh, etc... No matter what we brought in with us into that place, however I've treated you, for that moment it's all gone. I can only feel, in that touch, your complete love for me as the one who He designed for you. Just one more reason to be giving praise and worshiping God.

Thank you for Sunday's and help me to treat everyday like Sunday!

Love ya,
Sharon