Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Late Nights

Finally...just sitting here after the long day. Just finished chasing the kids thru the bath routine. The nightly fire drill where we try and corral three kids, who would rather be doing anything other than getting a bath, into getting into the bath. I am done with the threats of spankings and looking forward to getting the last book read and the last prayer said for the night.

Any one else struggle with this late night time? Demons reside in my easy chair. I call it the evil chair. Its just so comfortable that I don't want to get up but not so comfortable that others realize my enjoyment and leave me alone. I am not saying that I don't love the attention of my kids but... dang...just five minuets of flipping channels would be nice.

I think the toilet seat in my bathroom has a button underneath that rings an alarm in my wife's or children's head. The alarm compels them to yell, DAD, WHERE ARE YOU. Just five minuets, maybe ten is all I am asking.

1 comment:

Hear Me Roar said...

Let's face it, you are not a night person. You are a crack of dawn kind of guy. I however am a night person and detest daylight. Let's work together and divvy up this parenting thing. I'lll take night shift you take morning shift. It may sound bad but I think it will work doing it in shifts better than all in, all the time, and completely worn out!

And in the off chance we meet in the middle for a nooner, even better my plan will work for us!!!
What do you think??

The better half of this team,
Sharon